Monday, February 16, 2009

St. Valentine's Day

Valentines Day originated in Rome about 496. It was created to be a feast day before the Roman Festival of Lupercallia (Feb. 15) which was a fertility festival. After reading that Valentines Day finally made sense. Valentines Day was created for men to butter up and make their boo feel all special so they could smash all crazy the next day lmao.

For the past two years when I woke up on Valentines Day the bridge for the song Valentines Day by Andre 3000 played in my head lol. This year I did'nt celebrate Valentines Day, although I had a few i just was'nt in the mood to be out. Honestly I beleive if you really like someone you wouldnt make them your valentine, thats just a one time thing.

America celebrates Valentines to produce revenue. SOOO much money is spent on Valentines Day. Restaurants,tellys,hair salons,nail salons,stores,jewelry stores, lingerie stores,flowershops, barbershops & on and on...just think about it... and honestly I would throw out a gift someone gave me on Valentines day lol. if you really liked me you'd get me a gift whenever. the typical gift consists of flowers,chocolate and cards; flowers die , i dont like chocolate and get thrown away. Give me somthing thats meaningful, take me to a special place, anything but the typical ;-]I dont even ask for much lol


Here's the sims version of andre 3000 video....btw when the hell is he dropping a new album, his last one [the love below] was a classic, i havent taken it out my stereo for a year deadass that shit real


No comments: